Re: [oc] cheap options

> Hi all,
>
> I just downloaded the xilinx webpack today and was wondering if it has all
> the functionality as the foundation tools from xilinx?  And if so why the
> heck would they be giving it away and selling it at the same time!! :)

Hi!

I can't tell if it's the same as the fundation series (probably not) but
what I can tell is it's capable of compiling VHDL to X2Sxxx devices. I'm
just bringing up an FPGA board with webpack and have seen no problems, no
limitations so far. I'm programming an X2S200 device through the printer
port using a custom program & download cable. Hope others will agree...

Regards,
Andras Tantos