Re: [oc] cheap options

--- Jamie Morken <jmorken@home.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I just downloaded the xilinx webpack today and was
> wondering if it has all
> the functionality as the foundation tools from
> xilinx?

It is not exactly the same, foundation has some extra
features and it is more powerfull and supports larger
VHDL subset.

 And if so why the
> heck would they be giving it away and selling it at
> the same time!! :)

most of FPGA vendores provides free tools for their
FPGAs to increase the selling of their devices.

> Can I buy a spartanII board
> http://www.burched.com.au/
> and use the cores you genius' are developing on it
> with the webpack?

may be you will face some difficulties with the
language subset but I think it should work