Re: [oc] CRC calculation.

Blue Beaver:

Can u please elaborate what u says:

" I suggest a wide calculation followed by
transferring the partial CRC to a smaller CRC function, where you
calculate the effect of the bytes which don't fill up the larget block. "

Thanks & Rgds.....

-Naveena

llbutcher wrote:

> Naveena:
>
> I made a CRC checker which I stored in misc/crc32_lib.v
> There is nothing original in there.  I mostly tried to see if
> there was a way to break up the calculation so that it had
> a minimum number of logic levels.
>
> I wonder how fast you need to calculate your CRC.
>
> If you have a slow serial link, a bit-at-a-time calculation seems best.
>
> If you need a faster one, I suggest a wide calculation followed by
> transfering the partial CRC to a smaller CRC function, where you
> calculate the effect of the bytes which don't fill up the larget block.
>
> I think that a 64 bit version, or at worst a 128 bit version, should
> be able to keep up with a 10 GBit connection in a fast FPGA.
>
> Blue Beaver

> From: naveena.padmaraju@wirpo.com
> Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2001 14:06:19 +0200
> Subject: [oc] CRC calculation.
>
> 2.si  Sat Sep 29 14:06:22 2001
> Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2001 14:06:19 +0200
> Subject: [oc] CRC calculation.
> To: cores@opencores.org
> From: naveena.padmaraju@wirpo.com
> Sender: owner-cores@opencores.org
>
> hi Allan,
>
> In our logic, input data to hdlc is variable. My internal input buffer is
> 128bit,bcose for 128bit processing.output of this is i am send it to CRC
> calculator. so i want to do crc calculation for 128bit data, this data is
> again variable from 1byte to 16byte.how can i do the crc for this.
>
> Thanks & Rgds...
>
> -Naveena P.

Naveena Padmaraju
Sr. Engineer VLSI/SYSTEM Design
Wipro Technologies
Plot No.72, Keonics Electronics City,
Hosur Main Road,
Bangalore-561229,India
Tel: 91-80-8520408 Ext.4313
Fax: 91-80-8520478
Email: naveena.padmaraju@wipro.com
www.wipro.com

begin:vcard
n:Padmaraju;Naveena
tel;fax:91-80-8520478
tel;home:91-816-277725
tel;work:91-80-8520408ext:4313
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
adr:;;;;;;
version:2.1
email;internet:naveena.padmaraju@wipro.com
fn:Naveena Padmaraju
end:vcard

Information transmitted by this E-MAIL is proprietary to Wipro and/or its Customers and
is intended for use only by the individual or entity to which it is
addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or
recipient or it appears that this mail has been forwarded to you without
proper authority, you are notified that any use or dissemination of this
information in any manner is strictly prohibited. In such cases, please
notify us immediately at mailto:mailadmin@wipro.com and delete this mail
from your records.