Re: [video] VGA controller implementation

> > the mailing lists. But just like this list they are kinda dead.
> Yes that would be nice.. make a open-source video system that has
> capabilities to be used for more functions.. maybe we can work with the
> bunch of people working on a 3D accelerator too..

If you're referring to manticore, we really do need a good vga core
(with all the status/mode registers) to interface with, unless we
further develop our own.  Our main goal is drawing and texturing the
triangle primitives into a framebuffer.  A simple FIFO system between
the framebuffer and VGA core should be all we'd need to communicate
between them.

This is assuming that your core has no framebuffer already.  Manticore
is however, all VHDL.

--
Jeff Mrochuk
Manticore Developer