Re: [video] VGA controller implementation

Manticore is good example of a project that looks very promising, but I
haven't be able to find a lot of information about it. I looked at the
website and tried to download the datasheet, but somehow that doesn't work
for me.

I am very interrested in this project though, because it appears to fit
perfectly into the opencores vga_lcd core. I perfectly fits your needs, if
you want to you can look at it as being a simple FIFO between an external
framebuffer and the video DAC.

The vga core is capable of automatically switching between multiple
framebuffers that can be used as a double-buffering scheme. So while you are
filling one framebuffer, the other is being displayed.

The fact that Manticore is written in VHDL doesn't matter. It is up to the
developer to choose the language that best suits him/her.

If you want to, we can open a discussion about integrating the vga_lcd core
into the Manticore project.

Richard