[oc] I'm laughing so much its hurts,

Peekay,

To paraphrase one of the major players in C to FPGA tools market in a recent
email to me (won't say who/which company as didn't ask his permission):

"Our company owns a landmark patent on synthesizing C/C++ into HDL. We intend
on defending it. Most vendors have evaluated the patent and have determined
that it is very difficult to synthesize or translate C/C++ into HDL without
stepping on it."

Some cheeky monkey wanted his new C to Verilog translator to be compatible
with their particular brand of C so asked them if he could use it in his
program hence the reply (basically a NO). Guess if its all wrapped up tight
then C/C++ to Netlist is my new eventual goal.

So even given that SystemC is true OpenSource if you try to sell any program
that does C to HDL it will be sued (apparently this is scary to the Americans
whereas the British think sue is just a girl's name ;-). Good job then that
I "officially" have no assets whatsoever (for the obvious tax reasons)? Go on
take everything I have. lol

Paul
"Laughter is the best medicine of all"