Re: [oc] C to HDL? Didn't realise the situation was that bad

I fully agree with your statements. But you miss some important points.
Or better the gcc tool chain misses some important point: waveforms and
advanced synthesis. Think about how to synthesize a big statemachine.

I am sure gcc can be used to do this task (at least at a primitive level).
But a lot of companies are making big bucks with their synthesis tools,
each with their own specialized algorithms. Maybe there are some bright
guys out there who can do the same with gcc ???