Re: [oc] Better VHDL tools anyone?

Hi!

> can anyone suggest good free Windows based VHDL tools. I'm using Webpack
at
> the moment but every time I get some sample code it just won't compile. My
> latest "banging head against wall" issues are:
>
> No "loop" statement support.
> No "wait" statement support, both "wait until" and "wait for" are not
> supported.
????

Let me say I'm also very much interrested in free VHDL tools, especially
simulators, however:

Right now I'm also using Webpack (4.1) and I can tell that wait *is*
supported. Otherwise how could you create syncron circuits? Of course it's a
synthetizer so it will support waits that makes sense in an FPGA, not *any*
wait. Shall I send examples that compiles for me?

> When it comes to VHDL support I feel like a pauper. I'm at the end of my
> tether so whets the alternatives you would recommend?

If you're not tied to Xilinx HW, try Altera Quatrus. That's also free
recently, but I know nothing about it, not even if it supports VHDL (MaxPlus
II had a very poor VHDL support).