Re: [oc] legality of cores?!

Kent Dahlgren wrote:

> >AMD obviously makes a clone of the Intel processors and gets away with it.
> >But it should be checked out as I am not a Lawyer (thank God).

Hello,
but they are allowed to do so by contracts - exange of patents.
Thats why companies like Intel and AMD need to have a lot of
patents: "If I'm allowed to use your stuff, you may use my stuff!"
Because information is available freely, you are still not allowed
to copy a design. E.g.: Everybody knows what a Porsche looks like.
VW ones had a "upgrade" for the beetle to make it look like a Porsche.
They got sewed!
Best regards,
Frank

--
Dipl.-Inform. Frank Poppen  We use the freshest handpicked electrons
Tel:+49-441-9722-230 \!!!!!/ VLSI Design at OFFIS Research Institute