[oc] Final Year University Projects

Hi all,

One of my University contacts has asked me to
come up with some ideas for final year Electrical
Engineering projects.  Each student must complete
one of these projects to get their degree.  Typically
they will spend 2-3 days per week on the project
over a 10 month period.  The work may be involve any
combination of software, firmware or hardware design
and construction.

This is an opportunity us to get some more cores
produced.  Does anyone have any suggestions for
useful cores or tasks, which may be suitable for
a student?

Apart from producing new cores, I'm thinking this
might be a good opportunity for a student to build
a complete system from opencores, and in doing so
iron out some bugs.

There are no guarantees of useful results as the
student may flunk, or no student may chose the project.
Also in the case of writing a new core there is the
risk the student may chose not to release their work
to opencores (though I will be suggesting that they do).

If you are going to reply, please do so quickly as the
students will be choosing projects in the next week or two.

Regards
John