Re: [oc] "1/x" function

Aloha!

Lars Segerlund wrote:

>  This is the way 'The MAN' ( Seymor Cray ) did it, watch out for
> owerflows !
>
>  Perhaps you can look for something Cray related ? I think there was a
> strong rationale for doing it this way !

What mr Cray really liked was saturating logic. There are some cases where a
saturating implementation is very favorable in terms of speed. But, you really
need to know that you donät hit the roof during calculations.

See more in fore xample this book:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0201422913/qid=1039776170/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_1/102-9800700-2060931?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

--
Med vänlig hälsning, Yours