Re: [oc] "1/x" function

Aloha!

Rudolf Usselmann wrote:
> Anybody have an efficient algorithm for a "1/x" function for
> hardware implementations ? Or any pointer to white papers, etc ?
> I need something that is fast and small, and can be pipelined.

I recommend Parhamis book "Computer Arithmetic", see for example chapter 16.5
about HW-implementation of convergence division algorithms. Both pipeline
estimation and LUT-size estimation.

Some other person mentioned Reto Zimmermann. He has some great info, albeit
possibly not very helpful for this problem.

BTW: How about CORDICs? Shouldn't they be useful for this, at least as an
approximation?

--
Med vänlig hälsning, Yours

VP, Research & Development