[oc] silicon

Hi all,

from the opencores website:
"For one year anniversary of OpenCores, we will be making our first silicon
chips using our current cores. You still have chance to participate with
your own core. If you have an idea for a new IP core and would like to lead
development efforts and/or design it please send a message to the
cores@opencores.org mailing list. All ideas are welcome! "

Are you guys really going to do this! :)  What is the expense going to be to
get the cores put into silicon and will these chips be made available to
purchase?

I am also thinking about buying a board from opencores as well as the Xilinx
Student edition 2.1i software (good for VHDL up to 50,000gate synthesis on
the virtex chips I believe?)  from www.xess.com  Does anyone know if this
supports the Spartan2 chips?

I am not sure what boards opencores is still producing but could you
recommend a good one to buy?

best regards,
Jamie Morken