Re: [oc] RE: Question

>Richard:
>
>I think you're answering the wrong question.  As I understood it, the
>question was not how to synthesize the RAM, it was how to initialize
>the *contents* of the RAM that's been instantiated.  Xilinx provides
>about six different methods of getting initial data into the bitstream.
>
>Jonathan

I know the example was just how to implement a generic synthesizeable
memory. But if you can implement the memory, you can also fill it in
advance. Just fill the memory immediately during the instantiation. Or
write a for..next loop to fill it. The synthesizer should handle this
correctly. I know LeonardoSpectrum and FPGA-Express generate the correct
memories and an accompanying hex-file for the memory contents.

Richard