Re: [oc] 1-bit DAC Project

Hi All,

I over this weekend wrote an experimental 1-bit DAC
from some literature I had.
Wired it up with a FIFO and wrote a program for the
host PC to dump data across the PCI bus.

all I do is:
"mpg123 -s /dir/MusicFile.mp3 | dacoutput"
dacoutput is a program that monitors the
fifo size on the FPGA and sends data when
necessary.

All, I can is... WOW!
I was totally amazed at the quality you can yet, all from
about 10 lines of VHDL for the actual modulator.
I made a simple RC filter and sent the audio to my
speakers.

I'll post the code when I workout how (under
an "experimental" directory).... Need to make a new project?
Code should be usable by others.
It implements a wishbone interface (I use a bus converter,
I wrote a MemAD bus --> wishbone bus master)

No docs as yet. I'm busy this week with Thesis work
but I'll try get to them.

regards
Carl