Re: [oc] SoC Review UPDATE

Hi John !

I've read section 1.8.1. It is not clear from it that ABH is
replacing ASB. It says that both are available for the use as
main system bus. The second paragraph recommends the use of the
AHB for all new designs, because it is "better" not because
ASB is obsolete or AHB is replacing ASB.
At least that how I am interpreting the specification. May be
I'm supposed to read between the lines ;*)

AMBA Spec. 2.0
--------------
1.8.1 Choice of system bus

   Both AMBA AHB and ASB are available for use as the main system
   bus. Typically the choice of system bus will depend on the interface
   provided by the system modules required.

   The AHB is recommended for all new designs, not only because it provides
   a higher-bandwidth solution, but also because the single-clock-edge
   protocol results in a smoother integration with design automation tools
   used during a typical ASIC development.

Cheers !
rudi