Re: [oc] Wishbus Bus

Hi all,

> If you are building a PCI<->Wishbone bridge (which would be super, super
> cool :*) you will need additional information (such as bus width) from
> the devices that you are talking to. This should be easy and straight
> forward to add ....
I have started the work on a PCI target, and I would like to make from it
a PCI - Wishbone bridge. Actually, I am waiting to see what standard bus
will be choosed to be implemented. Meanwhile, I am working on the PCI
side ... ;)

I am writing this, so not to be others developing the same thing. It is
better
to spread the design efforts, to cover as much designs as possible.

 Best Regards,
      Ovidiu

> on 12/31/00 11:14, Winefred Washington at wwashington@austin.rr.com wrote:
> > We may need to make an additional requirement to the Wishbone spec or
> > perhaps Silicore is already working on it.
> >
> > I was working on a simple testbench and here's the problem I think I
found.
> > A master device has to know what the bus width of the slave device is
for
> > the transfer to work correctly. Suppose we have a 32-bit PCI to Wishbone
> > device and it has to transfer data to 32-bit  and an 8-bit devices. The
PCI