[oc] GCC,Assembler,Linker, or alternatives

I am doing the MicroRISC II Project in verilog and I was hopeing that
someone could help me with a compiler. I was going to just port the
GCC/Tools for my architecture but if someone has a recommendation for
another c compiler that's easier to port I'm welcome to suggestions.
I've never writen a architecture extension for GCC and I know how
difficult it is(I started learning how to but hope I don't have to) so
could someone either show me a c compiler that's easy to port or help me
write an architecture extension for GCC? Dito for the assembler/linker.

Ali
Thanks