From: "Colin Marquardt" <c.marquardt@alcatel.de>
To: <cores@opencores.org>
Sent: Friday, March 22, 2002 3:06 AM
Subject: Re: [oc] CRC32 speed

"Johnsonw10" <johnsonw10@hotmail.com> writes:

> Since the crctool on easics's website does not allow me to change the msb
> index of the data and crc, I decided to write a script myself to do that.

Cool thing. One small suggestion: if you replace the first line in
the script (#!/usr/local/bin/perl) by the following:

eval '(exit $?0)' &&
  eval 'exec perl -S $0 ${1+"$@"}' &&
  eval 'exec perl -S $0 $argv:q'
  if 0;

then people will not need to change the script itself when their perl
binary is not in /usr/local/bin/.

Cheers,
  Colin