[oc] Want to know how to implement JTAG concepts in simple SOC like 8051

Hi,

This is my first mail to Opencores. My name is vasantha kumar.
Working as Application engineer for Avanticorporation.

I am intested to know about design for testbility concepts.
Previously I involved in a project using verilog....

So I want to update myself now...Please tell me about how
to impliment these JTAG conceps in simple SOC like 8051.
If so please letme know about any design which was implemented
with embeded  JTAG concepts.

Apart from this I found code for 8051 and JTAG TAP controller in
projects
section. Can we instantiate this JTAG TAP controller in each 8051
indiudaul
modules apart from memories, to test after integration with a motive
of
design for testablility.

Please correct/suggest me If my thinking is not correct or if I don't
understand the
concept of DFT correctly....

Thanks.....

Regards,