Re: [oc] documentation for simple_i2c

Hi Ryan,

Sorry there is no documentation for the simple_i2c_controller, nor the
tst_ds1621.vhd file.

The basics you can find in the wishbone_i2c_master documentation. The
wishbone i2c-master is based on the simple_i2c_controller, though it is
much more mature.
Just as the wishbone_i2c_master, the simple_i2c_controller uses a 4xFscl
clock internally. So for a 100KHz clock you would program it to 400KHz (see
the tst_ds1621.vhd) file. It also uses the same command structure.

I think the tst_1621.vhd file is pretty well self-explaining. It is
basically a statemachine which controls the simple_i2c_controller, it reads
the temperature from the dallas device and stores it into a register. In my
hardware test (yes I actually build it) I connected two 7-segment displays
to show the temperature read (in hex-format).

Richard