Re: [oc] CORDIC Processor

Keep in mind that besides the two different cordic algorithms
(rotational/vectorial) you need to load different tables (linear, atan,
etc) for the different operations modes.

I am not saying it is impossible, but you might be better off writing a
specialized processor with only a few opcodes, specialized for the cordic
algorithm.

This is however inherently slower than the pipelined implementation. If you
choose the pipelined implementation, think about how the code will be
generated. You will end up with a big multiplexor in front of each
adder/subtractor unit to select the table for the currently selected
operating mode. This will also slow down your code.

It's all a matter of choice, but both can be done.

Richard