[oc] New project proposal

Dear All,

I've thumbed through the projects of the OpenCores community and an idea
popped into my mind I would like to share with you: it seems that nearly all
the components are ready or almost ready for a complete SoC computer
implementation. I though maybe it time to start integrating our cores into a
real application.

I though of a single-chip computer (something like Dragon-Ball from Motorola
or Maverick from Crystal) that can be used in hand-held devices,
set-top-boxes, maybe in thin-clients. It should be able to run Linux and
thus giving an end-to-end open solution. I know it's a big task but I think
it's worth tring. And as I said, nearly all components are ready.

If you also thing it's worth thinking about I would share my ideas in detail
with you and maybe start-up a project for this.

Or maybe there is already something like this is going on only I missed it
on the site? What do you think?

Best regards,
Andras Tantos