Subject: CVE-2024-50065: ntfs3: Change to non-blocking allocation in ntfs_d_hash

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

ntfs3: Change to non-blocking allocation in ntfs_d_hash

d_hash is done while under "rcu-walk" and should not sleep.
__get_name() allocates using GFP_KERNEL, having the possibility
to sleep when under memory pressure. Change the allocation to
GFP_NOWAIT.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-50065 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.6.44 with commit 58ebd50d2252 and fixed in 6.6.57 with commit c556e72cea2a
	Issue introduced in 6.11 with commit d392e85fd1e8 and fixed in 6.11.4 with commit d0c710372e23
	Issue introduced in 6.11 with commit d392e85fd1e8 and fixed in 6.12-rc3 with commit 589996bf8c45
	Issue introduced in 6.10.3 with commit 2e83375fd95b

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-50065
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	fs/ntfs3/namei.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/c556e72cea2a1131ae418be017dd6fc76fffe2fb
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/d0c710372e238510db08ea01e7b8bd81ed995dd6
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/589996bf8c459deb5bbc9747d8f1c51658608103