Subject: CVE-2024-50026: scsi: wd33c93: Don't use stale scsi_pointer value

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

scsi: wd33c93: Don't use stale scsi_pointer value

A regression was introduced with commit dbb2da557a6a ("scsi: wd33c93:
Move the SCSI pointer to private command data") which results in an oops
in wd33c93_intr(). That commit added the scsi_pointer variable and
initialized it from hostdata->connected. However, during selection,
hostdata->connected is not yet valid. Fix this by getting the current
scsi_pointer from hostdata->selecting.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-50026 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.18 with commit dbb2da557a6a and fixed in 6.1.113 with commit 3afeceda855d
	Issue introduced in 5.18 with commit dbb2da557a6a and fixed in 6.6.57 with commit e04642a207f1
	Issue introduced in 5.18 with commit dbb2da557a6a and fixed in 6.11.4 with commit b60ff1a95c7c
	Issue introduced in 5.18 with commit dbb2da557a6a and fixed in 6.12-rc3 with commit 9023ed8d91eb

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-50026
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/scsi/wd33c93.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/3afeceda855dea9b85cddd96307d4d17c8742005
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/e04642a207f1d2ae28a08624c04c67f5681f3451
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/b60ff1a95c7c386cdd6153de3d7d85edaeabd800
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/9023ed8d91eb1fcc93e64dc4962f7412b1c4cbec