Subject: CVE-2024-49973: r8169: add tally counter fields added with RTL8125

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

r8169: add tally counter fields added with RTL8125

RTL8125 added fields to the tally counter, what may result in the chip
dma'ing these new fields to unallocated memory. Therefore make sure
that the allocated memory area is big enough to hold all of the
tally counter values, even if we use only parts of it.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-49973 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.4 with commit f1bce4ad2f1c and fixed in 5.10.227 with commit 991e8b0bab66
	Issue introduced in 5.4 with commit f1bce4ad2f1c and fixed in 5.15.168 with commit 21950321ad33
	Issue introduced in 5.4 with commit f1bce4ad2f1c and fixed in 6.1.113 with commit fe44b3bfbf0c
	Issue introduced in 5.4 with commit f1bce4ad2f1c and fixed in 6.6.55 with commit 1c723d785adb
	Issue introduced in 5.4 with commit f1bce4ad2f1c and fixed in 6.10.14 with commit 92bc8647b4d6
	Issue introduced in 5.4 with commit f1bce4ad2f1c and fixed in 6.11.3 with commit 585c048d15ed
	Issue introduced in 5.4 with commit f1bce4ad2f1c and fixed in 6.12-rc1 with commit ced8e8b8f40a

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-49973
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/net/ethernet/realtek/r8169_main.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/991e8b0bab669b7d06927c3e442b3352532e8581
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/21950321ad33d7613b1453f4c503d7b1871deb61
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/fe44b3bfbf0c74df5712f44458689d0eccccf47d
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/1c723d785adb711496bc64c24240f952f4faaabf
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/92bc8647b4d65f4d4bf8afdb206321c1bc55a486
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/585c048d15ed559f20cb94c8fa2f30077efa4fbc
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/ced8e8b8f40accfcce4a2bbd8b150aa76d5eff9a