Subject: CVE-2024-49901: drm/msm/adreno: Assign msm_gpu->pdev earlier to avoid nullptrs

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

drm/msm/adreno: Assign msm_gpu->pdev earlier to avoid nullptrs

There are some cases, such as the one uncovered by Commit 46d4efcccc68
("drm/msm/a6xx: Avoid a nullptr dereference when speedbin setting fails")
where

msm_gpu_cleanup() : platform_set_drvdata(gpu->pdev, NULL);

is called on gpu->pdev == NULL, as the GPU device has not been fully
initialized yet.

Turns out that there's more than just the aforementioned path that
causes this to happen (e.g. the case when there's speedbin data in the
catalog, but opp-supported-hw is missing in DT).

Assigning msm_gpu->pdev earlier seems like the least painful solution
to this, therefore do so.

Patchwork: https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/602742/

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-49901 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 6.6.55 with commit 9288a9676c52
	Fixed in 6.10.14 with commit 9773737375b2
	Fixed in 6.11.3 with commit e8ac2060597a
	Fixed in 6.12-rc1 with commit 16007768551d

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-49901
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/gpu/drm/msm/adreno/adreno_gpu.c
	drivers/gpu/drm/msm/msm_gpu.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/9288a9676c529ad9c856096db68fad812499bc4a
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/9773737375b20070ea935203fd66cb9fa17c5acb
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/e8ac2060597a5768e4699bb61d604b4c09927b85
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/16007768551d5bfe53426645401435ca8d2ef54f