Subject: CVE-2024-49853: firmware: arm_scmi: Fix double free in OPTEE transport

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

firmware: arm_scmi: Fix double free in OPTEE transport

Channels can be shared between protocols, avoid freeing the same channel
descriptors twice when unloading the stack.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-49853 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.18 with commit 5f90f189a052 and fixed in 6.1.113 with commit d7f4fc2bc101
	Issue introduced in 5.18 with commit 5f90f189a052 and fixed in 6.6.54 with commit 6699567b0bbb
	Issue introduced in 5.18 with commit 5f90f189a052 and fixed in 6.10.13 with commit dc9543a4f2a5
	Issue introduced in 5.18 with commit 5f90f189a052 and fixed in 6.11.2 with commit aef6ae124bb3
	Issue introduced in 5.18 with commit 5f90f189a052 and fixed in 6.12-rc1 with commit e98dba934b2f

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-49853
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/firmware/arm_scmi/optee.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/d7f4fc2bc101e666da649605a9ece2bd42529c7a
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/6699567b0bbb378600a4dc0a1f929439a4e84a2c
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/dc9543a4f2a5498a4a12d6d2427492a6f1a28056
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/aef6ae124bb3cc12e34430fed91fbb7efd7a444d
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/e98dba934b2fc587eafb83f47ad64d9053b18ae0