Subject: CVE-2024-46868: firmware: qcom: uefisecapp: Fix deadlock in qcuefi_acquire()

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

firmware: qcom: uefisecapp: Fix deadlock in qcuefi_acquire()

If the __qcuefi pointer is not set, then in the original code, we would
hold onto the lock.  That means that if we tried to set it later, then
it would cause a deadlock.  Drop the lock on the error path.  That's
what all the callers are expecting.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-46868 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.7 with commit 759e7a2b62eb and fixed in 6.10.11 with commit 8c6a5a1fc02a
	Issue introduced in 6.7 with commit 759e7a2b62eb and fixed in 6.11 with commit db213b0cfe32

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-46868
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/firmware/qcom/qcom_qseecom_uefisecapp.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/8c6a5a1fc02ad1d62d06897ab330693d4d27cd03
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/db213b0cfe3268d8b1d382b3bcc999c687a2567f