Subject: CVE-2024-46860: wifi: mt76: mt7921: fix NULL pointer access in mt7921_ipv6_addr_change

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

wifi: mt76: mt7921: fix NULL pointer access in mt7921_ipv6_addr_change

When disabling wifi mt7921_ipv6_addr_change() is called as a notifier.
At this point mvif->phy is already NULL so we cannot use it here.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-46860 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 6.6.52 with commit 4bfee9346d8c
	Fixed in 6.10.11 with commit 8d92bafd4c67
	Fixed in 6.11 with commit 479ffee68d59

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-46860
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/net/wireless/mediatek/mt76/mt7921/main.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/4bfee9346d8c17d928ef6da2b8bffab88fa2a553
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/8d92bafd4c67efb692f722d73a07412b5f88c6d6
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/479ffee68d59c599f8aed8fa2dcc8e13e7bd13c3