Subject: CVE-2024-46820: drm/amdgpu/vcn: remove irq disabling in vcn 5 suspend

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

drm/amdgpu/vcn: remove irq disabling in vcn 5 suspend

We do not directly enable/disable VCN IRQ in vcn 5.0.0.
And we do not handle the IRQ state as well. So the calls to
disable IRQ and set state are removed. This effectively gets
rid of the warining of
      "WARN_ON(!amdgpu_irq_enabled(adev, src, type))"
in amdgpu_irq_put().

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-46820 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 6.10.9 with commit aa92264ba6fd
	Fixed in 6.11 with commit 10fe1a79cd1b

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-46820
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/vcn_v5_0_0.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/aa92264ba6fd4fb570002f69762634221316e7ae
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/10fe1a79cd1bff3048e13120e93c02f8ecd05e9d