Subject: CVE-2024-46779: drm/imagination: Free pvr_vm_gpuva after unlink

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

drm/imagination: Free pvr_vm_gpuva after unlink

This caused a measurable memory leak. Although the individual
allocations are small, the leaks occurs in a high-usage codepath
(remapping or unmapping device memory) so they add up quickly.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-46779 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.8 with commit ff5f643de0bf and fixed in 6.10.10 with commit 1cc695be8920
	Issue introduced in 6.8 with commit ff5f643de0bf and fixed in 6.11 with commit 3f6b2f60b463

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-46779
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/gpu/drm/imagination/pvr_vm.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/1cc695be8920df234f83270d789078cb2d3bc564
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/3f6b2f60b4631cd0c368da6a1587ab55a696164d