Subject: CVE-2024-46753: btrfs: handle errors from btrfs_dec_ref() properly

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

btrfs: handle errors from btrfs_dec_ref() properly

In walk_up_proc() we BUG_ON(ret) from btrfs_dec_ref().  This is
incorrect, we have proper error handling here, return the error.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-46753 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 6.10.10 with commit a7f16a7a7098
	Fixed in 6.11 with commit 5eb178f373b4

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-46753
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	fs/btrfs/extent-tree.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/a7f16a7a709845855cb5a0e080a52bda5873f9de
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/5eb178f373b4f16f3b42d55ff88fc94dd95b93b1