Subject: CVE-2024-46718: drm/xe: Don't overmap identity VRAM mapping

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

drm/xe: Don't overmap identity VRAM mapping

Overmapping the identity VRAM mapping is triggering hardware bugs on
certain platforms. Use 2M pages for the last unaligned (to 1G) VRAM
chunk.

v2:
 - Always use 2M pages for last chunk (Fei Yang)
 - break loop when 2M pages are used
 - Add assert for usable_size being 2M aligned
v3:
 - Fix checkpatch

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-46718 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 6.10.9 with commit bb706e92c87b
	Fixed in 6.11 with commit 6d3581edffea

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-46718
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/gpu/drm/xe/xe_migrate.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/bb706e92c87beb9f2543faa1705ccc330b9e7c65
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/6d3581edffea0b3a64b0d3094d3f09222e0024f7