Subject: CVE-2024-46714: drm/amd/display: Skip wbscl_set_scaler_filter if filter is null

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

drm/amd/display: Skip wbscl_set_scaler_filter if filter is null

Callers can pass null in filter (i.e. from returned from the function
wbscl_get_filter_coeffs_16p) and a null check is added to ensure that is
not the case.

This fixes 4 NULL_RETURNS issues reported by Coverity.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-46714 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 5.4.284 with commit 0364f1f17a86
	Fixed in 5.10.226 with commit c083c8be6bdd
	Fixed in 5.15.167 with commit 6d94c05a13fa
	Fixed in 6.1.109 with commit 1726914cb17c
	Fixed in 6.6.50 with commit e3a95f29647a
	Fixed in 6.10.9 with commit 54834585e91c
	Fixed in 6.11 with commit c4d31653c03b

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-46714
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dcn20/dcn20_dwb_scl.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/0364f1f17a86d89dc39040beea4f099e60189f1b
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/c083c8be6bdd046049884bec076660d4ec9a19ca
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/6d94c05a13fadd80c3e732f14c83b2632ebfaa50
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/1726914cb17cedab233820d26b86764dc08857b4
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/e3a95f29647ae45d1ec9541cd7df64f40bf2120a
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/54834585e91cab13e9f82d3a811deb212a4df786
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/c4d31653c03b90e51515b1380115d1aedad925dd