Subject: CVE-2024-46713: perf/aux: Fix AUX buffer serialization

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

perf/aux: Fix AUX buffer serialization

Ole reported that event->mmap_mutex is strictly insufficient to
serialize the AUX buffer, add a per RB mutex to fully serialize it.

Note that in the lock order comment the perf_event::mmap_mutex order
was already wrong, that is, it nesting under mmap_lock is not new with
this patch.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-46713 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 4.1 with commit 45bfb2e50471 and fixed in 5.10.226 with commit 7882923f1cb8
	Issue introduced in 4.1 with commit 45bfb2e50471 and fixed in 5.15.167 with commit 52d13d224fdf
	Issue introduced in 4.1 with commit 45bfb2e50471 and fixed in 6.1.110 with commit 9dc7ad2b6777
	Issue introduced in 4.1 with commit 45bfb2e50471 and fixed in 6.6.51 with commit c4b69bee3f4e
	Issue introduced in 4.1 with commit 45bfb2e50471 and fixed in 6.10.10 with commit b9b6882e243b
	Issue introduced in 4.1 with commit 45bfb2e50471 and fixed in 6.11 with commit 2ab9d830262c

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-46713
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	kernel/events/core.c
	kernel/events/internal.h
	kernel/events/ring_buffer.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/7882923f1cb88dc1a17f2bf0c81b1fc80d44db82
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/52d13d224fdf1299c8b642807fa1ea14d693f5ff
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/9dc7ad2b67772cfb94ceb3b0c9c4023c2463215d
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/c4b69bee3f4ef76809288fe6827bc14d4ae788ef
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/b9b6882e243b653d379abbeaa64a500182aba370
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/2ab9d830262c132ab5db2f571003d80850d56b2a