Subject: CVE-2024-46703: Revert "serial: 8250_omap: Set the console genpd always on if no console suspend"

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

Revert "serial: 8250_omap: Set the console genpd always on if no console suspend"

This reverts commit 68e6939ea9ec3d6579eadeab16060339cdeaf940.

Kevin reported that this causes a crash during suspend on platforms that
dont use PM domains.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-46703 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.7 with commit 68e6939ea9ec and fixed in 6.10.7 with commit 321aecb079e9
	Issue introduced in 6.7 with commit 68e6939ea9ec and fixed in 6.11 with commit 0863bffda113

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-46703
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/tty/serial/8250/8250_omap.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/321aecb079e9ca8b1af90778068a6fb40f2bf22d
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/0863bffda1131fd2fa9c05b653ad9ee3d8db127e