Subject: CVE-2024-46699: drm/v3d: Disable preemption while updating GPU stats

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

drm/v3d: Disable preemption while updating GPU stats

We forgot to disable preemption around the write_seqcount_begin/end() pair
while updating GPU stats:

  [ ] WARNING: CPU: 2 PID: 12 at include/linux/seqlock.h:221 __seqprop_assert.isra.0+0x128/0x150 [v3d]
  [ ] Workqueue: v3d_bin drm_sched_run_job_work [gpu_sched]
 <...snip...>
  [ ] Call trace:
  [ ]  __seqprop_assert.isra.0+0x128/0x150 [v3d]
  [ ]  v3d_job_start_stats.isra.0+0x90/0x218 [v3d]
  [ ]  v3d_bin_job_run+0x23c/0x388 [v3d]
  [ ]  drm_sched_run_job_work+0x520/0x6d0 [gpu_sched]
  [ ]  process_one_work+0x62c/0xb48
  [ ]  worker_thread+0x468/0x5b0
  [ ]  kthread+0x1c4/0x1e0
  [ ]  ret_from_fork+0x10/0x20

Fix it.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-46699 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.10 with commit 6abe93b621ab and fixed in 6.10.8 with commit 1e93467ef203
	Issue introduced in 6.10 with commit 6abe93b621ab and fixed in 6.11 with commit 9d824c7fce58

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-46699
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/gpu/drm/v3d/v3d_sched.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/1e93467ef20308da5a94cde548ee17d523e8ba7b
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/9d824c7fce58f59982228aa85b0376b113cdfa35