Subject: CVE-2024-46694: drm/amd/display: avoid using null object of framebuffer

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

drm/amd/display: avoid using null object of framebuffer

Instead of using state->fb->obj[0] directly, get object from framebuffer
by calling drm_gem_fb_get_obj() and return error code when object is
null to avoid using null object of framebuffer.

(cherry picked from commit 73dd0ad9e5dad53766ea3e631303430116f834b3)

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-46694 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.0 with commit 5d945cbcd4b1 and fixed in 6.1.108 with commit 093ee72ed35c
	Issue introduced in 6.0 with commit 5d945cbcd4b1 and fixed in 6.6.49 with commit f6f5e39a3fe7
	Issue introduced in 6.0 with commit 5d945cbcd4b1 and fixed in 6.10.8 with commit 49e1b214f323
	Issue introduced in 6.0 with commit 5d945cbcd4b1 and fixed in 6.11 with commit 3b9a33235c77
	Issue introduced in 6.0.7 with commit c46dda486e4f

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-46694
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/amdgpu_dm/amdgpu_dm_plane.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/093ee72ed35c2338c87c26b6ba6f0b7789c9e14e
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/f6f5e39a3fe7cbdba190f42b28b40bdff03c8cf0
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/49e1b214f3239b78967c6ddb8f8ec47ae047b051
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/3b9a33235c773c7a3768060cf1d2cf8a9153bc37