Subject: CVE-2024-45027: usb: xhci: Check for xhci->interrupters being allocated in xhci_mem_clearup()

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

usb: xhci: Check for xhci->interrupters being allocated in xhci_mem_clearup()

If xhci_mem_init() fails, it calls into xhci_mem_cleanup() to mop
up the damage. If it fails early enough, before xhci->interrupters
is allocated but after xhci->max_interrupters has been set, which
happens in most (all?) cases, things get uglier, as xhci_mem_cleanup()
unconditionally derefences xhci->interrupters. With prejudice.

Gate the interrupt freeing loop with a check on xhci->interrupters
being non-NULL.

Found while debugging a DMA allocation issue that led the XHCI driver
on this exact path.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-45027 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.8 with commit c99b38c41234 and fixed in 6.10.7 with commit 770cacc75b00
	Issue introduced in 6.8 with commit c99b38c41234 and fixed in 6.11 with commit dcdb52d948f3

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-45027
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/usb/host/xhci-mem.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/770cacc75b0091ece17349195d72133912c1ca7c
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/dcdb52d948f3a17ccd3fce757d9bd981d7c32039