Subject: CVE-2024-44995: net: hns3: fix a deadlock problem when config TC during resetting

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

net: hns3: fix a deadlock problem when config TC during resetting

When config TC during the reset process, may cause a deadlock, the flow is
as below:
                             pf reset start
                                 │
                                 ▼
                              ......
setup tc                         │
    │                            ▼
    ▼                      DOWN: napi_disable()
napi_disable()(skip)             │
    │                            │
    ▼                            ▼
  ......                      ......
    │                            │
    ▼                            │
napi_enable()                    │
                                 ▼
                           UINIT: netif_napi_del()
                                 │
                                 ▼
                              ......
                                 │
                                 ▼
                           INIT: netif_napi_add()
                                 │
                                 ▼
                              ......                 global reset start
                                 │                      │
                                 ▼                      ▼
                           UP: napi_enable()(skip)    ......
                                 │                      │
                                 ▼                      ▼
                              ......                 napi_disable()

In reset process, the driver will DOWN the port and then UINIT, in this
case, the setup tc process will UP the port before UINIT, so cause the
problem. Adds a DOWN process in UINIT to fix it.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-44995 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 4.15 with commit bb6b94a896d4 and fixed in 5.4.283 with commit 67492d4d105c
	Issue introduced in 4.15 with commit bb6b94a896d4 and fixed in 5.10.225 with commit fc250eca15bd
	Issue introduced in 4.15 with commit bb6b94a896d4 and fixed in 5.15.166 with commit 195918217448
	Issue introduced in 4.15 with commit bb6b94a896d4 and fixed in 6.1.107 with commit 6ae2b7d63cd0
	Issue introduced in 4.15 with commit bb6b94a896d4 and fixed in 6.6.48 with commit fa1d4de7265c
	Issue introduced in 4.15 with commit bb6b94a896d4 and fixed in 6.10.7 with commit de37408d5c26
	Issue introduced in 4.15 with commit bb6b94a896d4 and fixed in 6.11 with commit be5e816d00a5

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-44995
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/net/ethernet/hisilicon/hns3/hns3_enet.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/67492d4d105c0a6321b00c393eec96b9a7a97a16
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/fc250eca15bde34c4c8f806b9d88f55bd56a992c
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/195918217448a6bb7f929d6a2ffffce9f1ece1cc
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/6ae2b7d63cd056f363045eb65409143e16f23ae8
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/fa1d4de7265c370e673583ac8d1bd17d21826cd9
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/de37408d5c26fc4a296a28a0c96dcb814219bfa1
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/be5e816d00a506719e9dbb1a9c861c5ced30a109