Subject: CVE-2024-43909: drm/amdgpu/pm: Fix the null pointer dereference for smu7

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

drm/amdgpu/pm: Fix the null pointer dereference for smu7

optimize the code to avoid pass a null pointer (hwmgr->backend)
to function smu7_update_edc_leakage_table.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-43909 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 5.15.165 with commit 37b9df457cbc
	Fixed in 6.1.105 with commit 1b8aa82b80bd
	Fixed in 6.6.46 with commit 09544cd95c68
	Fixed in 6.10.5 with commit 7f56f050f02c
	Fixed in 6.11 with commit c02c1960c93e

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-43909
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/gpu/drm/amd/pm/powerplay/hwmgr/smu7_hwmgr.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/37b9df457cbcf095963d18f17d6cb7dfa0a03fce
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/1b8aa82b80bd947b68a8ab051d960a0c7935e22d
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/09544cd95c688d3041328a4253bd7514972399bb
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/7f56f050f02c27ed89cce1ea0c04b34abce32751
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/c02c1960c93eede587576625a1221205a68a904f