Subject: CVE-2024-43905: drm/amd/pm: Fix the null pointer dereference for vega10_hwmgr

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

drm/amd/pm: Fix the null pointer dereference for vega10_hwmgr

Check return value and conduct null pointer handling to avoid null pointer dereference.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-43905 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 5.10.226 with commit 2ac9deb7e087
	Fixed in 5.15.167 with commit 0fa11f9df962
	Fixed in 6.1.105 with commit c2629daf218a
	Fixed in 6.6.46 with commit 2e538944996d
	Fixed in 6.10.5 with commit 69a441473fec
	Fixed in 6.11 with commit 50151b7f1c79

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-43905
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/gpu/drm/amd/pm/powerplay/hwmgr/vega10_hwmgr.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/2ac9deb7e087f0b461c3559d9eaa6b9cf19d3fa8
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/0fa11f9df96217c2785b040629ff1a16900fb51c
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/c2629daf218a325f4d69754452cd42fe8451c15b
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/2e538944996d0dd497faf8ee81f8bfcd3aca7d80
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/69a441473fec2fc2aa2cf56122d6c42c4266a239
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/50151b7f1c79a09117837eb95b76c2de76841dab