Subject: CVE-2024-43881: wifi: ath12k: change DMA direction while mapping reinjected packets

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

wifi: ath12k: change DMA direction while mapping reinjected packets

For fragmented packets, ath12k reassembles each fragment as a normal
packet and then reinjects it into HW ring. In this case, the DMA
direction should be DMA_TO_DEVICE, not DMA_FROM_DEVICE. Otherwise,
an invalid payload may be reinjected into the HW and
subsequently delivered to the host.

Given that arbitrary memory can be allocated to the skb buffer,
knowledge about the data contained in the reinjected buffer is lacking.
Consequently, there’s a risk of private information being leaked.

Tested-on: QCN9274 hw2.0 PCI WLAN.WBE.1.1.1-00209-QCAHKSWPL_SILICONZ-1

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-43881 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.3 with commit d889913205cf and fixed in 6.6.44 with commit e99d9b16ff15
	Issue introduced in 6.3 with commit d889913205cf and fixed in 6.10.3 with commit 6925320fcd40
	Issue introduced in 6.3 with commit d889913205cf and fixed in 6.11 with commit 33322e3ef074

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-43881
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath12k/dp_rx.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/e99d9b16ff153de9540073239d24adc3b0a3a997
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/6925320fcd40d8042d32bf4ede8248e7a5315c3b
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/33322e3ef07409278a18c6919c448e369d66a18e