Subject: CVE-2024-43831: media: mediatek: vcodec: Handle invalid decoder vsi

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

media: mediatek: vcodec: Handle invalid decoder vsi

Handle an invalid decoder vsi in vpu_dec_init to ensure the decoder vsi
is valid for future use.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-43831 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 4.10 with commit 590577a4e525 and fixed in 6.6.44 with commit 1c109f23b271
	Issue introduced in 4.10 with commit 590577a4e525 and fixed in 6.10.3 with commit cdf05ae76198
	Issue introduced in 4.10 with commit 590577a4e525 and fixed in 6.11 with commit 59d438f8e02c

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-43831
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/media/platform/mediatek/vcodec/decoder/vdec_vpu_if.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/1c109f23b271a02b9bb195c173fab41e3285a8db
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/cdf05ae76198c513836bde4eb55f099c44773280
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/59d438f8e02ca641c58d77e1feffa000ff809e9f