Subject: CVE-2024-42303: media: imx-pxp: Fix ERR_PTR dereference in pxp_probe()

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

media: imx-pxp: Fix ERR_PTR dereference in pxp_probe()

devm_regmap_init_mmio() can fail, add a check and bail out in case of
error.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-42303 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.3 with commit 4e5bd3fdbeb3 and fixed in 6.6.44 with commit 358bc85269d6
	Issue introduced in 6.3 with commit 4e5bd3fdbeb3 and fixed in 6.10.3 with commit 5ab6ac4e9e16
	Issue introduced in 6.3 with commit 4e5bd3fdbeb3 and fixed in 6.11 with commit 57e9ce68ae98

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-42303
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/media/platform/nxp/imx-pxp.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/358bc85269d6a359fea597ef9fbb429cd3626e08
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/5ab6ac4e9e165b0fe8a326308218337007224f05
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/57e9ce68ae98551da9c161aaab12b41fe8601856