Subject: CVE-2024-42146: drm/xe: Add outer runtime_pm protection to xe_live_ktest@xe_dma_buf

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

drm/xe: Add outer runtime_pm protection to xe_live_ktest@xe_dma_buf

Any kunit doing any memory access should get their own runtime_pm
outer references since they don't use the standard driver API
entries. In special this dma_buf from the same driver.

Found by pre-merge CI on adding WARN calls for unprotected
inner callers:

<6> [318.639739]     # xe_dma_buf_kunit: running xe_test_dmabuf_import_same_driver
<4> [318.639957] ------------[ cut here ]------------
<4> [318.639967] xe 0000:4d:00.0: Missing outer runtime PM protection
<4> [318.640049] WARNING: CPU: 117 PID: 3832 at drivers/gpu/drm/xe/xe_pm.c:533 xe_pm_runtime_get_noresume+0x48/0x60 [xe]

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-42146 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 6.9.9 with commit 0888d15ea45b
	Fixed in 6.10 with commit f9116f658a62

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-42146
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/gpu/drm/xe/tests/xe_dma_buf.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/0888d15ea45ba8ef4508edd1123ea5ad95b58994
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/f9116f658a6217b101e3b4e89f845775b6fb05d9