Subject: CVE-2024-42128: leds: an30259a: Use devm_mutex_init() for mutex initialization

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

leds: an30259a: Use devm_mutex_init() for mutex initialization

In this driver LEDs are registered using devm_led_classdev_register()
so they are automatically unregistered after module's remove() is done.
led_classdev_unregister() calls module's led_set_brightness() to turn off
the LEDs and that callback uses mutex which was destroyed already
in module's remove() so use devm API instead.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-42128 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 6.6.39 with commit 3ead19aa341d
	Fixed in 6.9.9 with commit 9dba44460bfc
	Fixed in 6.10 with commit c382e2e3eccb

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-42128
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/leds/leds-an30259a.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/3ead19aa341de89a8c3d88a091d8093ebea622e8
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/9dba44460bfca657ca43f03ea9bafa4f9f7dd077
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/c382e2e3eccb6b7ca8c7aff5092c1668428e7de6