Subject: CVE-2024-42125: wifi: rtw89: fw: scan offload prohibit all 6 GHz channel if no 6 GHz sband

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

wifi: rtw89: fw: scan offload prohibit all 6 GHz channel if no 6 GHz sband

We have some policy via BIOS to block uses of 6 GHz. In this case, 6 GHz
sband will be NULL even if it is WiFi 7 chip. So, add NULL handling here
to avoid crash.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-42125 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 6.9.9 with commit ce4ba62f8bc5
	Fixed in 6.10 with commit bb38626f3f97

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-42125
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/net/wireless/realtek/rtw89/fw.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/ce4ba62f8bc5195a9a0d49c6235a9c99e619cadc
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/bb38626f3f97e16e6d368a9ff6daf320f3fe31d9