Subject: CVE-2024-42120: drm/amd/display: Check pipe offset before setting vblank

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

drm/amd/display: Check pipe offset before setting vblank

pipe_ctx has a size of MAX_PIPES so checking its index before accessing
the array.

This fixes an OVERRUN issue reported by Coverity.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-42120 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 5.10.222 with commit b2e9abc95583
	Fixed in 5.15.163 with commit 0b3702f9d43d
	Fixed in 6.1.98 with commit d2c3645a4a5a
	Fixed in 6.6.39 with commit 96bf81cc1bd0
	Fixed in 6.9.9 with commit c5ec2afeeee4
	Fixed in 6.10 with commit 5396a70e8cf4

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-42120
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/irq/dce110/irq_service_dce110.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/b2e9abc95583ac7bbb2c47da4d476a798146dfd6
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/0b3702f9d43d163fd05e43b7d7e22e766dbef329
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/d2c3645a4a5ae5d933b4116c305d9d82b8199dbf
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/96bf81cc1bd058bb8af6e755a548e926e934dfd1
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/c5ec2afeeee4c91cebc4eff6d4f1ecf4047259f4
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/5396a70e8cf462ec5ccf2dc8de103c79de9489e6